Based on a mix of desk research and interviews with voluntary sector chief executives, Are you leading for impact? asks leaders in the voluntary sector to reflect on five questions relating to impact:
- How could focusing on impact help you do your job better?
- How could focusing on impact help with your long-term finances?
- Is focusing on impact the new normal?
- The time to prioritise impact: if not now, when?
- What could you do today to get started?
The document is structured around these five questions, with most of the content based on case studies of individual voluntary sector leaders and the work they are doing to plan, understand and improve the impact they have. We hope that the questions and case studies will encourage you to think more about your impact, and to act on your reflections.
When we talk about ‘focusing on impact’, we do not just mean measuring impact, important though that is. Instead we mean thinking strategically about what impact you want to have and how best to achieve it, assessing what impact you’re having, communicating this information and learning from it.
This document forms part of Inspiring Impact’s work on Impact leadership.